Some airlines have not jumped on the additional fees bandwagon and continue to offer additional complimentary perks to travelers. Some examples are –
- Southwest allows flight-itinerary changes and two checked bags at no additional cost.
- Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, Alaska, Emirates, and Lufthansa offer free on-demand movies to economy class passengers.
- JetBlue offers free live TV with 36 channels on its domestic flights.
- Norwegian Airlines offers complimentary WiFi on all its flights. JetBlue will also start offering free Wi-Fi on its flights in 2013.
- British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Porter, Alaska (Horizon Air & SkyWest flights), Hawaiian, and Air France offer free alcoholic beverages to economy class passengers.
Read more here:
Eight airline perks that are still free