The international airport in Hungary’s capital, Budapest, will introduce six new destinations as well as three new airlines in its summer 2014 schedule. The new destinations are –
- London Gatwick, thrice weekly by Norwegian from March 30;
- Leeds Bradford,UK, twice-weekly by Jet2.com from April 3;
- Belgrade, twice weekly by Air Serbia from March 30;
- Donetsk (Ukraine), weekly by Wizz Air Ukraine from April 30;
- Alicante (Spain), weekly by Wizz Air from June 14;
- Barcelona. twice weekly by Vueling from June 20;
The three new airlines will be Spanish low-cost carrier Vueling, Air Serbia and Wizz Air Ukraine, the Ukrainian subsidiary of Hungary-based low-cost carrier, Wizz Air.
In addition to the new routes, Budapest will also see an increase in flight-frequency to Minsk (by Belavia), Warsaw (serviced by LOT) and Brussels (flights on Brussels Airlines) in the coming months.
The increased services will expand the available flight options for summer travelers to this popular destination. In addition to its rich history and World Heritage status (and relatively low prices compared to other European destinations), Budapest is a popular departure point for a number of river cruises.