Taiwan-based EVA Airways launched pre-flight meal orders for its Royal Laurel class (EVA’s new business class launched in June 2012) passengers in early 2013.
The meal orders can be placed online from a selection of Western and Asian specialties, from 3 weeks to 24 hours before departure. The pre-order service is available on all EVA flights departing from New York (JFK) and Los Angeles.
EVA’s Royal Laurel business class features include:
- Reverse herringbone seat layout to maximize personal space;
- 26-inch wide seats with enhanced privacy features, including a privacy screen;
- Seats that convert to a 79-inch long, fully-flat bed for sleeping;
- Ample storage space for shoes and personal items;
- Retractable armrests and a cocktail table;
- 15.4-inch touchscreen in-flight entertainment system;
- High-fidelity noise-canceling headphones;
- iPad and USB charging & 110V power outlets;
- Amenity kits with Rimowa products.
The airline is introducing Royal Laurel business class on its San Francisco and Toronto flights in the coming months of 2013.