JetBlue’s transcontinental US flights featuring premium business-class seats, dubbed Mint, are now available for booking. Flights with the new seats are scheduled for launch in June 2014.
Mint seats will offer a luxurious experience to travelers by offering what the airline claims to be the longest lie-flat beds in domestic business class.
The features of the Mint seat include –
- Fully flat beds up to 6 feet 8 inches (203cm) in length.
- Seat-width of up to 22.3 inches.
- Air cushions with adjustable firmness.
- Massage function.
- 15-inch in-flight entertainment displays with up to 100 channels of DirecTV® programming and 100+ channels of SiriusXM® radio.
- Shoe storage.
- Dual 110 volt power outlets with two USB ports.
- A “Wake me for service” indicator.
Each aircraft will also have 4 private suites with closing doors – a first in the US – among the 16 Mint seats.
The first JetBlue flight featuring Mint will be launched on June 15, 2014. All of the airline’s seven daily flights between JFK and LAX will offer Mint by the fourth quarter of 2014.
Mint seats will be introduced on JFK to San Francisco flights in the fourth quarter of 2014 with all five flights on the route offering the seats by the end of first quarter 2015.
The two coast-to-coast routes will be serviced by 11 brand new Airbus A321s with 16 Mint business-class seats including four private suites and 143 economy seats.