Southwest Airlines launched flights to five US cities – Charlotte, Flint, Portland (Maine), Rochester and San Juan – on April 14. The new flights are –
– between Charlotte and Baltimore/Washington, Chicago (Midway), Houston (Hobby), and Orlando
– between Flint and Baltimore/Washington, Orlando, and Tampa Bay
– between Portland (Maine) and Baltimore/Washington
– between Rochester and Baltimore/Washington, Chicago (Midway), Orlando, and Tampa Bay
– between San Juan and Orlando and Tampa Bay.
Southwest has taken over the operations of Airtran, which it acquired recently, in Charlotte, Flint, Portland (Maine), and Rochester. Airtran will continue operations from San Juan till September 29 and Southwest will take over after the date.