Car-sharing service Zipcar is expanding to 8 more airports in the US and Canada:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL),
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS),
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX),
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI),
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL),
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX),
- Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC),
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).
Zipcar, owned by Avis, started rental services at the 3 biggest New York City-area airports – LaGuardia, JFK and Newark – in April 2013.
The service requires customers to pay membership fees and the cost of rentals – for a few hours or by the day – unlike traditional car rental services offered by companies such as Avis and Hertz. It also offers rentals to customers over the age of 21 while traditional rental services often have a minimum customer age requirement of 25.
Zipcar offers car-sharing services in 20 North American and European cities and at over 300 universities.